1) Trainings in the regions of Ukraine
The main themes: Practical aspects of the Eurointegration: experience of the V4 countries cities for the cities of Ukraine.
Key problems: Local self-government adaptation to the European requirements (standards, functions, organizational structure) on the example of the Visegrad Group countries cities; development of the Departments of the Eurointegration at the level of city local authority; introduction of the open municipal offices model; discussing of positives and negatives of the current Ukrainian municipal practices.
Geography of the trainings: three Ukrainian regions (Khmelnytskyi region, Volyn region and Autonomy Republic of Crimea).
Amount of each training participants: 40 persons.
Staff of the each training participants: mayors of Ukrainian cities, representatives of local authority (deputies of city councils, staff of city executive committees) of the whole region; professional lecturers, trainers, consultants.
Model of the conducting: theoretical session, interactive discussion, practicum, business game.
The first training
Practical aspects of Euro-integration:
Visegrad Group countries experience for Ukrainian cities
Khmelnytskyi, May 30, 2008
On May 30, 2008 in Khmelnytskyi city the training on the theme "Practical aspects of Eurointegration: Visegrad Group countries experience for Ukrainian cities" was conducted. The event was carried out by Institute of Society Transformation (IST) together with Khmelnytskyi National University in the frameworks of the project "Development of cities by the way of Eurointegration: Visegrad Group countries experience for Ukraine", supporting by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF).
Objectives of the training
- To define issues and advantages of Ukraine and EU cooperation at the national and local level.
- To study the experience of reforms and Eurointegration of the Visegrad Group countries.
- To learn the methods of Visegrad Groups cities adaptation to EU requirements.
- To get acquaintance with European municipal management practices for their implementation in Ukrainian cities.
Participants of the event:
Chiefs of Khmelnytskyi regional and city authority, city mayors and representatives of city municipal councils from Khmelnytskyi, Vinnytsya, Chernivci and Ternopil regions, representatives of Institute of Society Transformation, Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National University, Atlantic Council of Ukraine, academic staff of Khmelnytskyi National University, Khmelnytskyi University of Management and Law, Khmelnytskyi Economic University, Khmelnytskyi Institute of Economics and Entrepreneurship, regional mass-media.
2) Composing and publishing of methodic manual “EU and local self-governance: Visegrad cities experience and the Ukrainian prospect” for the effective conducting of the trainings.
Full version book (4,07 Mb)
3) Creating of the autonomous page at the web-site of Institute of Society Transformation (www.ist.osp-ua.info) (www.ist.osp-ua.info) for the placement of operational and final materials of the Project. Advertising-informational banners for the each Project event will be created and placed in the Internet. Announcements of the project events and their results will be spread widely through the Internet and among the subscribers for the IST’s electronic materials (more than 3 000 addressees in Ukraine, Russia, Baltic and V4 countries).
4)Publication and printing of events results in the journal “Economic Annals-XXI”.